Director of Project Management – LocanaBio
At Locanabio, we are creating a new class of genetic medicines to treat a range of human genetic diseases by delivering RNA binding proteins and effector domains that can precisely manipulate disease causing RNA by several mechanisms. We deliver our RNA manipulation systems by gene therapy which provides a durable effect with one time treatment and without DNA modification. The broad range of RNA manipulations that are possible with our approach provides a unique platform to address many diseases beyond which is possible with current therapies. The wide range of potential indications is supported by the modularity of our RNA-targeting gene therapies which provide exquisite control of specificity and activity.
The Director of Project Management is a key member of Locanabio’s R&D organization focused on translating our groundbreaking science in RNA directed gene therapy into novel therapies for devasting disease. Our successful candidate will be detail-driven, have a proven track record in managing and driving project success within the pharma/biotech industry, preferably with cell or gene therapy programs. The successful candidate will have demonstrated emotional intelligence, functional knowledge of preclinical, CMC, clinical and regulatory processes, and experience managing internal and external teams. In this role, you will work with contract research organizations (CROs), academic institutions and other companies for our various projects, as needed.
- Oversee project management activities across preclinical development, CMC, Clin/Reg, including planning, reporting, global risk assessment and mitigation
- Partner closely with preclinical, CMC, clinical, and regulatory to develop and maintain integrated project plans. Identify protect interdependencies and critical path activities
- Work with project functions and finance to develop project budgets and forecasts
- Monitor key milestones and decision points to drive delivery of project objectives
- Effectively communicate with team members, senior leaders and key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with projects
- Facilitate team meetings using meeting management best practices to ensure cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful achievement of project objectives
- Organize and maintain team communications including meeting agendas, minutes, decision logs, tasks lists, and risk analyses / mitigation strategies using preferred technologies
- Effectively manage internal and external resources to achieve project milestones
- Consistently perform duties within established SOPs, and in accordance with GxP requirements, where applicable. Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with key stakeholders, team members and vendors
- May act as project lead for cross-functional teams responsible for the preclinical and clinical development of development candidates
- Manage CROs/CDMOs/other third parties as needed
- Contribute to long-range planning (LRP) process
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management on executive presentations
- An advanced degree is preferred with a minimum of 10 years experience in the biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry. Previous experience in cell or gene therapies preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project management of cross functional R&D activities including actively managing filing INDs/CTA.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to effectively communicate information, written or orally to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to review complex problems and provide solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Flexibility to perform the small tasks as well as the big tasks while working in a rapidly developing environment
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
- Significant experience in full-cycle drug development/pharma required,
- Ability and passion to work in demanding, dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment
- Advanced understanding of program management and associated deliverables, tools and expectations
- Clear understanding of the critical path and a drive to find solutions to meet or exceed timelines
- Demonstrated ability to act/think strategically and see “the big picture”, all the while being hands on.
Locanabio is dedicated to fostering a workplace that keeps our team inspired and engaged. We offer an inclusive company culture where employees feel respected and valued.
Locanabio offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance benefits for employees and their families. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution and stock options. Locanabio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected categories.
Send your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org