IT Manager/Senior Manager – LocanaBio
At Locana, we are creating a new class of genetic medicines to treat a range of human genetic diseases by delivering RNA binding proteins and effector domains that can precisely manipulate disease causing RNA by several mechanisms without DNA modification. We deliver our RNA manipulation systems by gene therapy which provides a durable effect with one-time treatment. The broad range of RNA manipulations that are possible with our approach provides a unique platform to address many diseases beyond which is possible with current therapies. The wide range of potential indications is supported by the modularity of our RNA-targeting gene therapies which provide exquisite control of specificity and activity.
We are seeking an outstanding candidate to join us as our IT Manager. You will have the opportunity to lead this growing function and make significant contributions in our dynamic start-up environment where self-driven, enthusiastic employees thrive.
In this role, you will manage and align IT with our business to support corporate goals, projects and tasks. This is an end-to-end operational role and the scope spans security, systems administration, help desk support (internal or external), hardware, and cloud environments. This role requires a high level of technical proficiency and a high level of professionalism and strong communication skills.
- Partner with the functional teams, employees, and vendors to analyze and develop IT solutions to business problems
- Responsible for overall systems security including but not limited to: email, file shares, PC’s, mobile devices, communications, and application-based security
- Serve as a central point of contact, for IT and end-users on issues and concerns related to end-user support (helpdesk support)
- Introduce general controls including but not limited to SOX controls, monitoring and documentation for users and profiles on critical systems, and network security.
- Manage software licenses, including renewals, installations, upgrades and licenses counts.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining all relevant information and procedures for IT infrastructure and systems
- Manage and maintain the department’s annual budget and establish controls maintain expenses
- Create and define appropriate service level standards and manage vendor resources and staff to those standards
- Implement, maintain, and monitor an IT help desk with ticketing and IT service management capabilities.
- Interact with software vendors, describing current issues and overall system performance issues requiring resolution
- Manage and maintain all of Locanabio’s computer equipment and systems; including but not limited to Servers (Physical and Virtual), Workstations (Laptops and Desktops), Networking equipment (Routers, Switches, Access Points, etc), Phones, Software, Licenses, Services, Contracts and Vendors.
- Responsible for protection of intellectual property, cyber security and internet security, including monitoring for threats, taking preventive measures and implementing protections against threats from internal and external actors. Implement basic cyber security awareness training for all staff.
- Responsible for making sure that systems are backed up, and that all data is protected from hard drive failures, electrical issues, corruption, natural disasters, malware, rogue employees, and any other data loss with a focus on reliable backups and robust recovery solutions
- Primary point of contact for any internet or network outages, equipment failures, service disruptions, billing issues, or IT emergencies
- Participate and be actively involved in negotiations with vendors or service providers
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 – 7 years of experience working in a rapidly growing organization required
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with operating systems, Windows, iOS, OSx, windows server, Linux and Android, mobile and standard computing platforms
- Previous experience in a SOX or other regulated work environment.
- Hardware experience with laptops and desktops, routers, VPN Technologies, switches, firewalls, wireless communication
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office 365 Tenant Administration (Exchange, Teams, Sharepoint.
- Networking knowledge and experience with TCP/IP Routing, and subnetting.
- Ability to prioritize assignments ensuring on-time completion of tasks & projects while continually improve operational effectiveness through the use of KPIs, SLAs, and other metrics.
- Strong customer service, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to multi-task, be independent, self-motivated, as well as work in a highly collaborative setting
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization which requires flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
The level of this role will be based on candidate’s skills and qualifications.
Locana is dedicated to fostering a workplace that keeps our team inspired and engaged. We offer an inclusive company culture where employees feel respected and valued.
Locana offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance benefits for employees and their families. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution and stock options. Locana is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected categories.
Send your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com